Friday, August 19, 2005

My First Blog - a little about me...

Hi there!

Welcome to my photography blog!!!

This site is for - you guessed it - my photography!

And anything else photography, art or beauty related that I think might be interesting!! :)

**********************************************************************************************














This is my first posted photo... a romantic wedding photo!

Done a few years ago, while still at "the Corporation," Caralee and Shane were - and are - a great couple.

They were so easy to photograph... and so obviously in love! I wish all my clients were like these two! :)

***********************************************************************************************

And now, a little about me...

First of all, I'm not only a photographer - I'm an artist. I've been painting and photographing life since I was a small child. I started, in fact, at age 2, by painting with anything I could get my hands on. I liked the walls, though oddly enough, my parents didn't.

I took photography in University, knowing I wanted to blend my photography and painting in my career somehow. Though, at the time I doubted I could "make it" as an artist. Just for fun, I also tried sculpture, printmaking, furniture design, set and costume design, and dance, among other things. I even worked in the theatre designing sets and costumes for awhile in Alberta, which I totally enjoyed. I've done quite a few things as jobs in the attempt to make a paycheck work for me.

However, it was only after a too long stint at a large corporation that I realized I didn't care if I "made it" in the traditional sense of a fancy office and big paycheck, and decided that to really make a difference in the world, I had to follow my passions in life.

While at this large corporation, I kept up my artwork, though part time. After 8 years with this company being "successful" in many people's eyes, but more unhappy by the year in mine, I got an injury at work, and was forced to take some time off to heal.

While healing, I found I had lost some of my ability to do the creative work I used to take for granted.

This actually turned out to be a good thing, because it scared the heck out of me. I realized I could lose my gift. I also realized my priorities in life had taken a detour that I didn't like. Since I could not go back to the place I had worked at before, I decided to try and replan what I'd do for my future.

I realized I needed my art and my creative self. And the journey back to my photography was born. I think it'll be a lifelong process - if I am to make sure I am focused on my passion in life...

"Creating and Capturing Timeless Beauty"

*********************************************************************************************

Comments and questions are welcome on this site, and are appreciated! :)

Thanks for stopping by!

To contact Karen for a portrait sitting:

E-mail her at imagostudios@telus.net


Proud member of PPOC and PPABC (Professional Photographers of Canada and B.C.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Rodt said...

Nice photography Karan.
Perhaps you'll put up some of your other art as well.
You might also enjoy some of the pictures on my own blog.

6:24 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a lot of pictures

4:24 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home